Sunday, October 26, 2008

Walking with God

His mercies are new every morning.

Something a lot of people seem to have trouble with is walking with God on a daily basis. Some things that you have probably heard and possible even felt.

I forget to do my devotions.

I don't like the books they have out there, and can't find anything I like and that makes it hard.

Even if you find a book you like doing devotions with it does not last forever.

I just run out of time in the morning.

It's just too hard.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

I don't know what to do.

I have personally thought all of them. I was wanting somehow to draw near to God, but feeling like the assistance I needed was not there, and that I did not have what it took to seek God until I found Him.

Then I realised something. When I was a young girl, and first saved I used to talk to God at any time of the day about anything, because Jesus was my friend and the Holy Spirit my guide. God taught me His wisdom, to fear Him, and His ways were burnt in my heart.

I did not find it hard to pray. I was praying all the time. I did not feel that I needed some book to guide me to have devotions, the Holy Spirit guided me towards God.

I didn't read my bible out of duty. I loathed the very thought of reading it religiously. But I read it regularly, and also every time I was in a church service were I didn't understand the preacher... or it was boring.

He wanted me. If He has my heart, He has all of me. As I learn to love, and lean on Him, He teaches me more, and I'm one of the happiest people on earth!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Amen, sister! The sweet simplicity of our Lord is incredible! :)