Saturday, December 13, 2008

What Would Jesus Have me Do? (Part 3 of 3)

Our next question should be then:

"What does God want me to do?"

Paul said, "Imitate me as I imitate Christ."

So we should imitate Christ.

Jesus said, "If anyone hears My Words and does them I will liken him to one who built his house on the rock..."

And obey Him.

Often called the great commission:

Mark 16:15 - 18

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
I can't believe this... what do I have to do!!! Oh, hang on, those signs will follow me. Hmm does that mean if I go, and I believe (according to 1 John 5: 14 -15*) that they will follow me?

1 John 5:14 -15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

That means that God will do anything for us if it is in line with His will and we ask with confidence (in Him)

His Word is His revealed will. So I guess He is saying that if we preach they will believe, and if they believe than those mentioned signs will follow. I guess they will follow me too, if I believe. Which I do!!! (Just in case that needed to be mentioned.)

So what would Jesus have me do?

Obey Him, and fulfill the great commission.

No comments: