Friday, March 14, 2014

What is Your Will?

Recently I was having a conversation with a friend about my dream to be a doctor and studying. Lately I've had quite a few knock backs and it hasn't looked very hopeful. The following is an excerpt from our conversation, and felt it might encourage a few others, so have shared below. "It's strange. I've asked God several times about it - what do you want me to do? Is this a wrong move? Are you steering me in a different direction? Do I change course? And so on... It took a little while to hear him regarding it, because at first all I could think about was my disappointment, frustration and doubts and wanting to quit because it all felt too hard. However a few days ago my heart quietly whispered to him,"Am I doing the wrong thing? Do I change course? Should I let go of this and work? What is your will for me?" And I felt him whisper back, "I want you to do medicine." I wasn't expecting him to speak like that to me. It feels as though my dream to become a doctor has changed from being my dream that I didn't want to surrender to him, to it being his dream for me that is a gift, not a cause for striving, and a heavy burden I struggle under. Honestly I don't know how that will happen, but I know he doesn't call without giving us what we need to follow that call. I guess that give me stability with the uncertainty of it all, and an incredible sense of peace."

No comments: